Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Still No Word from Chipotle

It has been three days and I still have not heard back from Chipotle regarding the use of polystyrene utensils in their restaurants. Next I will write to the CEO to see if I can get an answer.
In the meantime I investigated another restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. I was pleased to see that they used metal utensils and cloth napkins in the restaurant. But they did use polystyrene for their takeout boxes. It would be so easy to use paper or another type of plastic that can be recycled. So, The Cheesecake Factory is next on my list to petition to stop using polystyrene.
Some cities have banned the use of polystyrene products in restaurants. The first to do so was Berkley, California. I live in California and would like to see this ban extended to the entire state. So, I am going to tackle this problem on two fronts: by appealing the restaurants to stop using polystyrene and by writing to the law makers of my state. I plan to write a letter to Arnold Schwarzenegger asking him to ban the use of polystyrene in restaurants in the state of California. You should do the same!
I'll be adding an online petition feature soon to make it easy for everyone to voice their concern. Stay tuned and keep comments coming!

No comments: